Do you cringe at the thought of attending one of those networking events? Too many business professionals would rather throw money into advertising when there is a less expensive way to increase their business. True, your advertising and marketing may pique customer interest in your product or service, but people don’t buy because of clever campaigns. They buy from people they know and trust. So this is about networking for those introverts – and all of us when we don’t feel up to doing it.
Networking isn’t difficult. It’s easy. You can improve your skills, and start increasing your business today. And, by the way, many of these skills will help your personal relationships.
Networking for introverts isn’t difficult.
If you master networking skills, you won’t need great selling skills. People will seek you out because they like you, respect you, and know you. And they know that you respect and know them, too. So if you hate networking, try these nine tips to help you build rapport with the people you meet:
- Dress to fit in with your peers and customers, but dress up slightly so they feel special.
- Keep the focus of your conversation mainly on others, not solely on yourself.
- Get out of your comfort zone – circulate in groups, and meet new people.
- Listen, look for, and find something fascinating about everyone you meet.
- Learn to initiate a handshake (or elbow bump,) which is the business version of interpersonal touch.
- Actually look at, and comment on, the business cards you get from other professionals.
- Lavish appreciation on people for the work they do – nobody feels over-appreciated for their efforts.
- Practice your skills at introducing other professionals to one another.
- Mirror the motions and the level of intensity of others to really increase rapport.
Increase your efforts at networking. Those skills will not only help your business, but they will also lend wings to your success. You haven’t peaked yet!
Get more performance out of your most valuable and expensive business assets – your people. Contact me to find out how.