They can guide you to success on your terms. Coaches – here are six reasons to get one.
You’d be surprised at the people who regularly use coaches – people like Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates and even Tony Robbins. They know the value of having someone on their an outsider that knows their talents and weaknesses, because they can help them reach their goals. And they speed up the learning curve.
The sports coach doesn’t play the game, but instead he watches the players and the plays and then feeds back to them what he saw that worked, and what might work better. A coach can bring out the best in the person or team they coach. They show confidence in the players until they develop their own self-confidence.
The coach knows the game. She keenly observes and listens, and reflects back what she sees and hears to get you where you want to go. Coaches, here are six reasons to get one:
- Know the business, the game, or the craft
- Constantly stretch their own knowledge
- Understand your passion, your mission, your goals
- Listen and watch your performance closely
- Communicate in a positive framework
- Keep you accountable for your goals and commitments
Next time you have problems seeing the forest through the trees, consider getting the help of a coach.